Aistear Themes & Activities for Primary Schools in Ireland.
The Complete Aistear Programme for Irish Primary
What is Aistear Activities?
Aistear Activities is a brand new programme designed to enable Primary School Teachers to introduce Aistear themes in a clear, simple and fun way.
The Complete Aistear Activities Kit includes:
2 x A4 Photocopiable Teacher Books - A for Junior Infants and Book B for Senior Infants
A set of 10 large scale (A1) Scene Setters. A0 now also available.
A set of 120 educational Flashcards.
A Wall Mount Kit with dry wipe cover.
So, how does it work?
Using the interchangeable Scene Setters, Teachers can introduce any one of the ten themes or activities including School, the Post Office, the Vets, the Supermarket and more. The Scene Setters, when used in the Wall Mount Kit can be written on with a whiteboard marker which facilitates children to become more effective communicators and empowers Teachers with an invaluable and fun learning tool that encourages oral language, quality role-play scenarios and reading and writing. This visual stimulus promotes better learning outcomes.
Each scene is complimented by a set of 12 flashcards to stimulate language development.
The workbooks contain pages of Photocopiable activities specially designed for each theme further enhancing the learning experience of the child and providing the Teacher with a fully comprehensive Aistear programme.
Suitable for Primary School Teachers of children from Junior Infants to Senior Infants.
About the resources
each scene visually, engage with it through reading and writing on the
customised dry erase cover, interact with the flashcards and get hours of
activity from the workbooks.
- express their thoughts, feelings and ideas and use questions and personal experiences on topics familiar to them
- recall past experiences, sounds, sights, smells and feelings associated with each scene.
- Move beyond the visual image presented and imagine what else is going on and speculate about hidden areas.
- use these
scene setters as a springboard to a certain each child’s knowledge.
- make judgements about a child's learning, and identify the next steps in teaching.
- help the child progress with the help of these scene setters providing quality conversations and exchange of knowledge.
- Aligned with the Irish Curriculum.
- Fully Comprehensive and Classroom tested.
- Fully Photocopiable Workbooks included.
- Ideas for Curriculum linkage.
- Prompts for whole class discussion.
Published by Just Rewards Jan 25th 2017