in the Classroom is new and comprehensive Mindfulness Programme designed specifically for
Irish Primary Schools.
The photocopiable book and accompanying audio CDs shows teachers how to use the evidence-proven technique of mindfulness to manage the stressful demands of the classroom, cultivate an exceptional school environment and revitalise their teaching and their students' learning. Drawing on basic and applied research in the fields of neuroscience, psychology and education, as well as the author's extensive experience as a Mindfulness Practitioner and Primary School Teacher, it provides exercises in relaxation, movement, deep listening, and more, all with real-time classroom applications.
- Suitable for
Primary School Teachers of children from Junior Infants to Sixth Class.
- Aligned with the Irish Curriculum.
- Fully Comprehensive and Classroom tested.
- Fully Photocopiable Worksheets.
- Ideas for Curriculum linkage.
- Guided Meditations to help Teachers in personal Mindfulness
- Structured Lesson Plans.
- Prompts for whole class discussion.
- Practical Tips to introduce Mindfulness informally to the
- Notes for Self Evaluation.
- Gratitude Diary.
- Mindfulness Log.
- Practical Tips to create a Mindful School Environment.
- FREE Teachers and Pupils audio CDs.
Author: Michele Gallen
Published by Just Rewards February 21st 2017
Paperback: 132pp, illustrated, 195mm x 245mm
Audio CDs included